Thursday, December 9, 2010

Last Christmas

Well I'm just kind of reminiscing on my last Christmas. (And I know... I'm proud of myself for getting another blog up this quick as well :P)
Last year at this time I wasn't even a blogger yet :o But I was going to school in Edmonton (at the U of A - didn't last very long apparently). I was in nutrition, but more accurately I was in general studies working towards getting in nutrition. Long story short (well not that long) - I liked the nutrition aspect of it all, but the chemistry was VERY HARD! Or maybe I didn't study enough...or at all. Hmm, maybe I shouldn't be talking about this.
So at this time last year I was also pretty sure that I'd be going home right after. And I was very much looking forward to that because I missed all my family and friends. The thing about being in Edmonton was I didn't really get to visit much because it was too far. And so now here I am - no further it knowing what I want to do with my life. And I know you're all probably tired of hearing me talk about it - but I'm hoping talking about it and thinking about it will get me further along. Then again...it hasn't really worked so far *sigh*. I'll keep trying!
So I don't remember everything about last Christmas (Christmas Eve rather)...but I'll tell you what I do remember. We didn't have a very big family gathering because lots of the sub family units were either doing their own thing or were taking a turn on the other side of the family. But it was still a nice gathering...we ate plenty, spent a nice relaxing evening chatting, we always seem to share musical talents on Christmas. So we sang a bit and read the Christmas story from the Bible, exchanged our little gifts and all went our separate ways. Christmas morning, my parents and I did our little gift opening and then went to visit some more family and I'm sure had a nice feasty feast.
Nothing too exciting - but I've been listening to Last Christmas the whole time I was writing this blog...so really this was bound to happen. Last Christmas is one of my favorite songs and the version by Wham is one of the classics...so to listen to it click :) (do not judge it by the music video - yes it's cheesy, deal with it) OR if you watch glee and want to hear that version (I think it's good!) click :D. Or I guess if you don't want to listen to it...suit yourself (fun sponge).

Quick Health and Beauty Section
-As the weather is reasonably cold and dry, make sure you moisturize not only your body but also your face! It's very important - too oily of skin causes breakouts but too dry of skin will do the same thing. (Drink water too - even though it's not hot, even if you're not thirsty... stay balanced). Another good thing is to keep your hair moisturized. Maybe you need to condition your hair more than wash it (varies from person to person). Also...I've heard of a do-it-yourself mask for both the face and hair - I haven't done this yet but I will and then I'll let you know (if I find the product). So this product is... yogurt! (Plain, natural yogurt). Start with a cleansed face and put the yogurt on. Start with a thin layer and build it up - this can either be done with a foundation brush or your fingers or whatever you want really. Leave it on for about 20/25 minutes and apparently it helps your skin feel super moisturized after. As for putting it on your hair - it's optional to add some olive oil into the yogurt as well. So take some yogurt (however much you think you need) and add about a tbsp of olive oil. Put it all over the hair and let it sit for a good half an hour. Then rinse it out - and you can shampoo and condition your hair afterwards if you so choose. It supposedly leaves your hair not only softer but more smooth as well. I will look for the plain/natural yogurt and try this. But don't be scared to try it yourself - I mean what's the worst thing that can happen with yogurt? So do it - or don't, really I just thought it sounded kind of cool.

One little update from my life - I went and saw the movie Tangled last night. Yes it's animated, yes it's Disney...if you like either of those or both then see it! I thought it was pretty cute with some pretty funny parts. I quite enjoyed the horse and the little chameleon (and of course now I wish I had a cute little animated chameleon to play hide and seek with). But I didn't think there was anything special about the music in it. It was pretty dry in my opinion - but that could just be me! I still think it's worth seeing :)


OH! And I don't know if people don't read my blog anymore or if they just don't feel it necessary to respond - but I haven't heard from many of you! I want comments (and questions) and YES I'm pushy :l
Hope all is going well and don't worry - Christmas break is in sight! Just get through those finals (for those who this applies to).
Miss you W.

Toodles for meow :)!

RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME -- I love hot chocolate - a lot. If you like mint chocolate...try adding either a mint tea bag to your chocolatey delight or sticking a candy cane in there!

1 comment:

  1. A couple weeks ago I made the most amazing cup of cocoa ever! I won't tell you the secret recipe for the cocoa itself, but I added a scoop of egg nog ice cream at the end and it was soooo good!

    ReplyDelete