Thursday, May 17, 2012

Guilty pleasures...

TV show style.

You know what I'm talking about...you can't miss them, you feel ridiculous for watching them, but yet...you can't resist. I used to watch a LOT of TV shows. (Heck, when I was younger I'd even watch the soap Days of Our Lives with my mother). I'd watch Gossip Girl, 90210, So You Think You Can Dance (and Canada Edition), American Idol, Canadian Idol, Americas Got Talent, Britains Got Talent, Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, America's Next Top Model, Survivor, The Amazing Race, Cougar Town, CSI's, Glee and so on. 
There are SO many shows out there. And I believe it's possible to become attached/involved in a show VERY easily. They want to hook you in, and that's what they try to do...and they're good at it! TV is easy...it generally doesn't require a lot of thought, we can relate to some of the "characters", and you get caught up in the drama and want to see what happens next!
How does a person stay caught up on all of them? It's impossible! You eventually just stop watching things but you generally stick to your absolute fave's! (And then just watch an occasional episode of something here and there). 

Want to know what I've stayed caught up on? Well too bad, I'm going to tell you anyways. ;)
I, Trudy, am presently watching...
America's Next Top Model (it's ridiculous, but oddly addicting...those girls amuse me)
-- it all began about 2 years ago according to this
90210 (I'm sure I could stop with this one...but I want to see what happens next!)
Grey's Anatomy (funny thing is I haven't even watched this from the beginning...)

I ideally like to see every episode of all these...and it's not all that hard to do. 
I still really enjoy some of the other TV shows (especially funny ones), but they're easy enough to see occasional episodes or just wait until the end of season to watch them all when convenient for you.

What TV shows do you fit into your schedule? Have you had to drop some? Any you couldn't imagine dropping?

Let me know!

Over and out.

Bye for meow :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment