Thursday, November 15, 2012

Responding...

Well hello again! It's not warm out, but the sun is out...which is always a nice thing (in my books anyways). ;)

So yesterday, I gave a quick update on what's been happening in my life and I mentioned Scott was back out at work. 
For those of you who didn't know, Scott is my husband and he's a drilling supervisor for oil/natural gas rigs. Along with this job, he has to be gone for extended periods of time...but when he's back, he's off. 

On yesterday's post, there was a comment that I figured I should address as I've never really talked about and some of you may be wondering about it as well. 

Here's the comment...


I've always wondered, what kind of schedule is scott on? From what you described in this post it sounds like he's gone for two weeks at a time, am I right? How long is he home for? Joe's gone for two weeks and home for one. But with the driving time between here and grande prairie that takes two days off his time home, I hate it!


So Nani, You're pretty accurate in your guess ;). Scott is actually (technically) on a contract for two weeks on, two weeks off. (Correct me if I'm wrong, sweet thing...haha). However, it's not how it always is. Sometimes he's back for much longer (spring breakup) and sometimes he's gone for 3+ weeks. Basically, he needs to get a certain amount of days 'on' in a year to get his bonus at the end of the year. I don't remember how many days that is....but it's a lot. But yes, Scott generally has to drive to his destination as well...which adds time on there. (But luckily, lately he's been within a few hours of home).

It's definitely difficult and I miss him when he's gone...but I love when he's back (though it does take getting used to). 

So, thanks for the question Nani. And miss and love you Scott ;)

Byeas for meow :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment